I just cracked up laughing reading someones post about how to make yourself purge. Granted, my first time wasn't easy, but for christ's sake-- it's like having sex. You don't need to be told how to do it to figure it out. The first time I gagged, nothing came out. I think a lot of girls experience this, throw up their hands and say they can't do it. Which is good- you're not bulimic. I just think it's funny all these "tips and tricks" because when it comes down to it, you either do it or you don't- you are or you aren't.
No one told me how, but I figured it out because anything was better than having that food in my stomach. The part of that blog that made me laugh was the "don't eat spicy foods, chips, etc.... don't forget to drink water, try throwing up ice cream for your first time." I've purged nachos, steak, pasta, salad, pancakes, artichokes, flan, creme brulee, duck, chicken, turkey, cranberry sauce, tomatoes, bread, nuts, and everything else under the sun. I've thrown up in my bathroom, your bathroom, outside, in a bag, at a club, in a stairwell, in some bushes, at restaurants, bars and cars. There's no rules to being bulimic. The only sage bit of advice I can pass on is drop some toilet paper in so you don't splash yourself. That's really the only thing I wish someone had told me. (Oh the shirts I've stained!)
Anyway, since I hit 120.5 a couple days ago I've been eating surprisingly normally and haven't purged. I don't know why- maybe because I feel like my weight is out of the danger zone. But I don't plan to continue like that- I need to get back on track. Otherwise I'll start spinning out of control. That's about all that's on my mind- I plan to get some good rest tonight and get on the elliptical machine tomorrow. I might do a little yoga before bed just to wind down.

No comments:
Post a Comment